1 December carry out your annual inventory of sheep. Return Survey and record in flock book.
13 December Livestock meeting. Hexham Mart, Tyne Green, Hexham, NE46 3SG. 7.30pm to 9.30pm (tea and coffee available from 7.00pm)
- New County Parish Holding (CPH) 10-mile rule;
- Cross compliance requirements for livestock farms;
- Focus on common areas of non-compliance to reduce the risk of inspection penalties;
- Introduce the BVD Free England Campaign.
30 December 2016 NVZ grassland derogation applications must be made by 30 December 2016 for 2017. Applications should be submitted to the Environment Agency by telephone on 03708 506 506, Monday to Friday, between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
Throughout December NZV Closed periods still in place:
Closed periods for organic manure
Sandy or shallow soils
- Grassland 1 September to 31 December
- Tillage land 1 August to 31 December
All other soils
- Grassland 15 October to 31 January
- Tillage land 1 October to 31 January
You may not apply manufactured fertiliser to:
- Tillage land between 1 September and 15 January
- Grassland between 15 September and 15 January
For more information, please call us on 01434 607028 or contact us online.