News

Autumn_land_uk

BPS 2017 Payments Up-date

22nd November 2017

The 2017 Basic Payment rates have been announced. Increased entitlement rates and the drop in the value of the pound will lead to a boost in BPS income for 2017. According to the Farm minister, George Eustace, coupled with the favourable BPS exchange rate, basic payments will be worth 25% more on average this year, […]

Read More
number 15 being circled on calendar

Key Cross Compliance Dates for December

14th November 2017

1 December You need to carry out your annual inventory of sheep and goats. (SMR* 8) 1 December Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) 2017 payment window opens. 31 December Official end of the BPS 2017 scheme year.   Contact Us For more information, please call us on 01434 607028 or contact us online.

Read More
ariel view of field

Rural Payments Agency

14th November 2017

RPA Contact with You RPA want to stay connected with you so that they can contact you with important information e.g. new grants, reminders about application windows, or letting you know about the latest scheme guidance (FYI: Cross compliance is due before January). They are asking everyone who’s registered on Rural Payments (businesses, agents and […]

Read More
Countryside_Stewardship

Recent Countryside Stewardship Changes

14th November 2017

Changes to the payment split for multi-year grants You’ll now get 75% of your annual grant as an advance payment. You’ll get the remaining 25% as a final payment (subject to any penalties or reductions). The change is effective immediately and includes your 2017 agreement payments. You don’t need to do anything, Natural England will […]

Read More
number 15 being circled on calendar

Key Cross Compliance Dates for October

11th October 2017

1 October You can burn heather, rough grass, bracken, gorse or vaccinium on land in upland areas from this date. (GAEC* 6) 1 October Start of closed period for applying organic manure with a high readily available nitrogen content (for example, slurry, poultry manures or liquid digested sewage sludge) to tillage land on soils which […]

Read More
Farming

RPA Proactive Land Changes Detection (PLCD)

11th October 2017

The RPA are currently undergoing proactive remapping changes. They are updating current parcels from aerial imagery, OS maps and inspections between 16 August and October 2017, as the European commission dictates that maps must be updated every 3 years. The changes include parcel merges and splits, boundary accuracy and land cover changes, which may result […]

Read More
uk_sunmmer_field

Basic Payment 2017 Exchange Rate Set

11th October 2017

The euro exchange rate for calculating BPS 2017 payments has been set. The rate, an average of the European Central Bank exchange rates set in September, will be €1 = 0.89470. BPS payments for England are set in euros and then converted into sterling. The previous year’s exchange rates for BPS were: BPS 2016: €1 […]

Read More
Countryside_Stewardship

Countryside Stewardship

9th August 2017

Mid Tier and Higher Tier Stewardship Applications should now be being worked up with a view to final submission by the end of September 2017. Natural England should be supporting the development of a Higher Tier agreement with the applicant, however Mid Tier applications are subject to the applicant’s choices. It is important that the […]

Read More
British Currency

£200 Million Boost for Rural England

9th August 2017

A new round of funding has been confirmed by DEFRA. This round of funding will include: £45m to help rural businesses grow and invest in new equipment – rural businesses, including those engaged in tourism and food production, can apply for funding to invest in their company, helping them to expand, diversify, and invest in […]

Read More
Page 1 of 3123
RightmoveZooplaPrimelocationUK Land & Farms